Thursday, January 15, 2009

Bad cornbread

Check out this bad cornbread I managed to make tonight.


This is what I get for trying something new! Dear Hubby likes non-sweet cornbread, while I grew up on Jiffy out of the box. I know, Jiffy's not Southern, neither is sweet cornbread, but I still like it. I was making pintos tonight, and so of course, we've got to have cornbread! After we cut into this monstrosity, it was like a solid brick of corn. And that's what it tasted like - corn.

Whatever you do, don't follow this recipe:

1 cup cornmeal
1 cup flour (all purpose, self rising, whatever is in the mystery container)
1 Tbsp butter, melted
4 oz low fat cream cheese (didn't have 8 oz of sour cream)
1 cup milk
handful of freeze dried corn
pinch of salt

2 Tbsp sugar


1 comment:

Joy said...

You're cracking me up, Elizabeth! I'll be sure not to fix cornbread like that. ;)

Congrats on taking the blog leap.