Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Deals on photo prints

I realized the other day that I have over six years of memories stored with Shutterfly.com. Kind of scary! And yet, I've only ordered a small fraction of these pictures, mainly because of price.

Right now, my task is to complete the Disney photo albums for the kiddos. E Belle's holds 80 pictures, while Little Man's holds 100 pictures. The thought of spending upwards of $35 just to fill these two albums does not sit well with Frugal Mama right now.

One of the best non-photo plan prices around right now is about 15 cents on Shutterfly, 19 cents if you pick up your pictures in store at places like Target or Walgreens. But, I've discovered an even better plan.

I've gotten on CVS.com's and Walgreens.com's photo email lists. They run some seriously good specials! I've gotten free prints before at Walgreens, and today, I cashed in on their current special - 30 prints for $3.

Shutterfly also gives away free prints. I think most people know that you get 15 free prints for inviting friends, but you also can get free prints for making a Share Site. This is simply a website where you can post photos, and you can invite people to come look at them instead of sending out a sildeshow email. I did this for our family after our Disney trip, and Shutterfly rewarded me with 50 free prints! All I had to do was pay $3.19 in shipping and tax.

So, I've gotten 84 photos thus far for the grand sum of $7.20. Not bad!

No comments: