Monday, April 20, 2009

Couponing

I'm really new to all this couponing stuff. I mean, I've used coupons for years. But to actually attempt at trying to buy like $100 worth of stuff for 50 cents or something crazy like that, it's all new to me.

So, I've been checking out other mama blogs who are much better at this than I, and I've picked up both pointers and coupons.

I went to CVS just now, and this is how it broke down:

Dove Skin Revitalizer Machine – on sale for $4 (was $12)
Dove Replacement pads – on sale for $3.49 (was $4.99)
Two Hot Wheels toothbrushes - $3.29 each

So, my total should have been $14.07

I had $4.50 in ExtraBucks
A $3.75 off the Revitalizer Machine (making it only a quarter)
A BOGO coupon for the toothbrushes

My total: $3.18

I'm pretty excited, even though this is so small. Dear Hubby is all about me doing this, of course. I think I'm excited not only about the saving money part, but also because it really does work your mind trying to figure out the coupon game.

No comments: