Saturday, September 26, 2009

Arts and Crafts

I sometimes still think I'm not a very crafty person. I don't know why I still have this thought in my head! I have absolutely no credibility on that. I scrapbook. I do rubber stamping. I now make items with a sewing machine. Yeah, I do crafts.


I sometimes have felt guilty that I didn't do more stuff like crafts with Little Man when he was small. At the time, though, I worked 20 - 30 hours a week from home. It was a nearly ideal working situation, but it was still working. But even if we I had been a full time SAHM, I'm not sure he would have liked the crafts. To this day, he has no time, no patience to do anything artful.


I recently got in with a small improptu buying club through my mom's group. I was able to snag more than a dozen seasonal craft kits for less than $12 from Oriental Trading Company. So far, E Belle and I have done two kits - a Johnny Appleseed puppet and a squirrel.


I wasn't sure at first what to do with our completed crafts. I ended up hanging a piece of hemp twine over our back windows, and I secured it with push pins in the top of the wood (no one will ever see those holes!). I then pinned the items to the twin with clothespins. As we do more items, we'll just keep adding!

Not only does this showcase E Belle's craftiness, but it also gives us a cheap decoration! And yes, these are E Belle's actual work. I did do some, but I had to let go and let her put things the way she thought they should. Thus, our squirrel has sideways teeth. But who cares, right!? It's my E Belle's.

No comments: