Saturday, September 26, 2009

The dress is FINISHED!


I did it!! I finished the dress!

Okay, so it wasn't as cheap as I was hoping. It cost about $35 when it was all said and done. I could have picked a cheaper fabric, as my fabric cost alone was nearly $20, and that was with a coupon. I used a minky dot-style fabric, which then necessitated the purchase of a walking foot to make sure the fabric didn't pucker when sewn. The pattern also called for the use of a double needle to finish the hems. That was at least inexpensive, and now I know a new technique!

Like anything else I ever do, I know where the imperfections are, and I hate that. But, it got lots of compliments today on its first wearing!



I paired it with a pair of white tights and black shoes. It was super cute!! E Belle seems to find it comfortable. When she first put it on, she just twirled around and around.

Now I can't wait to make something else!